VerveEarth


Saturday, December 22, 2007

The UM in the Film!

Hello, everyone~!

I've come all the way here now... I'm finally on vacation! Yaaay! Even though it only lasts for about 2 weeks, it allows me to clean up what I've wanted or needed to do such as going shopping, sleeping without an alarm clock (It sounds amazingly good, isn't it?), and finishing the applications for the companies I've been interested in.

Anyway, I'd like to talk about the movie I've seen which is called "National Treasure: Book of Secrets". As some of you already notice, it's a sequel to the movie "National Treasure", which was released in 2004. I saw the first one after I visited Washington DC for the first time, and I really liked it not only because the story that the main character looked for treasures fascinated me, but also it really made me feel as if I were in Washington DC. So, I'd been looking forward to seeing the sequel of the movie.
At first, I was thinking about watching the movie "I Am Legend". But I found that the sequel of "National Treasure" has been released, and I couldn't help but think that I definitely would enjoy watching this movie. So, I decided to watch it. ^^ While deciding to watch "National Treasure: Book of Secrets", I wonder what "I Am Legend" would be like. Has anyone already seen it?

I really enjoyed watching the movie, and this time, it seemed that a variety of locations were selected as places for filming, Washington DC, Paris, and U.K., for example. Additionally, the scenes taken at the Mount Rushmore National Memorial Park were really impressive and it did make me wonder how the human faces had been sculptured. It even made me want to visit there!

As the story went on, the main character called Ben and his dad visited the university where his mom were teaching because they needed someone who could translate the old language to get clues for treasure hunting. And surprisingly, the university was University of Maryland!! At the moment I found that, I almost felt like starting to introduce the university I visited to the other people in the theater...! Hahaha. It was really nice to see the UM again like this, and the buildings reminded me of the time we had there.

Moreover, I found the article on TERP magazine. The link will bring you to the top page, and scroll down to the bottom of the page. And you'll see the title "Lights! Camera! College Park!". I hope it helps you imagine what the movie would be like. Hopefully, you'll see the movie and share the experience I'd had in the theater with me! Hehehe... : )

Alright, see you soon~

2 comments:

Nina Liakos said...

Very interesting! I had forgotten about UM appearing in this movie, although I do remember the day they filmed. They were actually in Holzapfel, although I don't know if that part got into the movie or not.

André said...

hey, how are you?
your english is QUITE good, i'm really impressed. and your posts are very interesting, so that's also nice ^^.

anyway, you made me quite curious about national treasure. i wasn't very curious about it but now i'm sure i'll check it out sometime soon. plus, i thought I AM LEGEND was an amazing movie and I really liked. Have you seen it since you posted this? What was your opinion?

And sorry for my English, I'm actually from Brazil.

toodles
André
http://trespequenospontos.blogspot.com