VerveEarth


Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Hello, everyone~!

Today, I watched the movie "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull". I've been trying to watch as many movies as I can in my spare time since I've started to work as a part-timer. Before I did that, I was likely to pass in going to movies because because I figured I would have time to see them later. But now, when I think about doing something, I'll just do it right away. My seminar teacher once told me that it would not necessarily be the case that people who have much time would do something better than those who are busy. That's so true, I guess. Sometimes, being busy doing a lot of things encourages you to think about how to spend time efficiently and cleverly, and a way to find a fraction of time that you would have missed before, such as when you are on a train to school. But at the same time, you have to be careful because being busy sometimes makes you confused or overwhelmed, especially when you can't prioritize what you have to do.

Oh, I guess I got off the track. Let's move on to the topic I would like to talk mainly about today. It was the first time for me to watch "Indiana Jones" series. Though I already knew the theme song, which I even played when I was an elementary student, I had no idea what to expect. But the fact that I liked the movie "National Treasure" (It seems to me that this movie was inspired by "Indiana Jones" series.) helped me decide to give it a try.

Hmmm..... whether I can say I like it or not depends on how I enjoyed the movie. If I focus on thrilling action scenes, it was awesome. (Sometimes, I thought of the scene as unbelievable because they did things that seemed to be impossible to happen in the real world! Hahaha. They survived after they fell into waterfalls three times, for example. It can't be!) But when I think about the story, I guess I should never try to take it seriously, even once! If you start to think about the story carefully, you might be disappointed. I don't really like how it ended, actually. Anyway, as long as you follow the story without thinking seriously, you can really enjoy the movie! The fact that it's back means a lot for the people who have waited for years, right?

Though I talked a lot about how I think of the movie, I think it was not that bad for the beginning of summer-vacation movies season! I just can't wait to watch movies this summer. :)

But before that, there's a thing I need to go through....EXAMS!
Hopefully, everything's gonna be alright!

1 comment:

Nina Liakos said...

I saw the first one or two Indiana Jones movies but have skipped subsequent ones. I recently read an article in the Washington Post, written by a real archeologist who believes that these movies have given people a very wrong idea about what archeologists actually do. Unfortunately I can't find it on their website! :-(