VerveEarth


Wednesday, January 24, 2007

take a quick break from exams...

Hello, everyone~!
Recently, I've been busy writing my papers and preparing for the exams. So it's been a little while. How have all of you been?

Though I still have an exam left, my exams are almost over.(My exams will be over on Jan 26.) So I'm now taking a break from preparations for the last exam of this semester, and writing this post to let you know how I am doing. Well, speaking of my blog, I was surprised and glad to see the comments on my previous post! I'm so thankful for the technologies we are able to have today because many people from all over the world can visit my blog. すごくない?(Isn't this awesome?) Of course, I want to thank all of you who left comments on my blog! As always, I really appreciate it.

On January 16th, I and Yuki hung out with Laura's brother, his cousin, and their girlfriends at Ueno.(One of the famous city in Japan which is known for the zoo, the museum, and lots of other attractive places.) We had a yummy Yakiniku(broiled meat) dinner, and Hiro joined us in the middle of the dinner. I really had a pleasant time eating with them. Also, I enjoyed talking about fashion, guys, and cultures with girls! It was a bit harder than usual because it was all in English. ^^ After the dinner, we went to a cafe and kept talking for an hour or so. We were even kicked out by the staff of the cafe! Hehehe~.

On the next day, all of us except Yuki and Hiro played bowling in Shibuya from 11 AM to around noon. It's been a while since I last played bowling. So I was too bad even though playing it was really fun! Hahaha~! No matter my score finally told me, the place we played bowling was awesome because the lighting was black light. Can you imagine it? I've been to that kind of place before, but it always fascinates me. I should have taken a picture of it! We ate lunch after that, and we walked around in Shibuya for shopping. While I was walking with them, I mostly talked with the girls about the Japanese TV dramas, movies, and so on. The fact that the information they had about them was much better than mine surprised me a lot! They even told me what dramas are now on TV. I'm so glad to hear them talk about the things like that because it means that they pay attention to the Japanese culture, right? Then, we went to Shinjuku by the crowded train to visit much more shops! It just took almost 10 minutes to get to Shinjuku from Shibuya. We went to the department store, and some shops. But everything we found there was expensive, which made all of us sad...So this time, we chose to go to Harajuku! (It took 10 minutes to go there from Shinjuku.) Some of you might have heard of the term "Harajuku" because No Doubt's Gwen Stefani wrote about the place in some songs of her solo work. Anyway, we did enjoy shopping there because everything was cheap! I didn't even remember how much times I said "It's really cheap!" that day. Then, I sent an e-mail to Hiro to see if he could come to where we were at that time because I knew he was in Aoyama. (This is the place where the main campus of AGU exists, and it's close to Harajuku if you get on a train.) After about 20 minutes later, Hiro joined us! He helped the guys look for what they want and they finally got what they wanted to buy. The girls enjoyed not only walking around Harajuku but also eating crepe. At night, Laura came to us and we had a dinner.

Thinking back, so many things happened actually! Wow! It really was an interesting experience for me because it was the first time to introduce some people from foreign countries to the famous cities in Tokyo! It made me realize that I needed to know more about the places because I wanted people who are interested in the Japanese culture to understand them fairly! It's never really easy because I have to explain about my country in English, but I think it's fun and meaningful because I can learn more about my own country and English at the same time! ^^

It was so fun that I completely forgot to take a picture! Next time I go there, I definitely will take a lot of pictures.

See you soon~!
I can't wait to see all of you on our next chat!

1 comment:

Nina Liakos said...

Hi Hiromi, nice to see you posting again! Did you get some comments from strangers around the world on your blog? It's because I am taking an online course about blogging and I recommended this blog as a really awesome learner blog. There are 170 people enrolled in that course and several of them commented that they had visited your blog and were very impressed by it, as I knew they would be! I hope you do not mind that I publicized your blog without asking your permission first.

Looking forward to our chat next Friday (Saturday for you!). I hope some of the others will come too.