VerveEarth


Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Twenty Four

Hello, everyone~!

I've decided that I'm going to try to add as many posts as I can during this vacation to be a better writer in English, and to keep you informed about what I'm doing. ^^

I just finished watching the fifth season of the TV show, "24". I've been a big fan of this show since the very first season of the show came out here in 2003! (I even watched it at the hotel when I was in Maryland! Hahaha!) I like it because it has something that the Japanese TV dramas don't. Right now, I think the industry of the Japanese TV dramas are having a tough time making a good stuff. I used to watch them a lot some years ago and I loved watching them, I still recall how thrilled I was when I was in front of TV and waited for the new episode to come. But I stopped watching them because the plots are getting cheesy and boring. While I was thinking about that, I happened to find the series of 24 at the store, and I found it interesting! The reason I thought was that I never saw this kind of a show before. At the time when I started watching the show, all I focused on was to follow the story by reading the Japanese subtitle. But now, I can enjoy watching the show without it. I'm now glad to be able to do so because reading subtitle sometimes kept me from concentrating on what the actors/actresses were trying to say with their facial expressions. Also, I can understand the whole meaning of what each of the character says by listening to them directly in English. Yaaay! I'm happy about that because I think there's limitation of the number of characters they can put in the Japanese subtitle. So that fact made me wonder if all the things the casts said were really covered in the subtitle in Japanese.

Alright, I think what I talked about above tells you how excited I am about the show! Hehehe~. I actually watched "Tru Calling" and "Prison Break" as well. But I think that "24" is the best. It's still exciting to see it even though it's been seven years since the first season came out in the US.

Maybe, I should stop here....I've already gone too far? Hahaha~. ^^
Anyway, please tell me if you know some good TV dramas! I'll be glad to check it out.

That's all for now!
See you soon~

3 comments:

Nina Liakos said...

Hi, Hiromi,
How do you watch 24? (I have never heard of it--but then I don't watch much TV! :-( Is it on Japanese TV? or do you buy DVDs? or watch it online somehow? Is it an American show?

As I said, I watch little TV but I used to love the show Mash, which was ostensibly about American doctors and nurses working in a MASH (Mobile Army Surgical Hospital) unit during the Korean War, but which on another level was really about the Vietnam War, which was in progress when the show was first aired. It combined outrageous humor with real drama, especially in the later seasons (it was on the air about 12 seasons--whereas the Korean War lasted only a couple of years).

jenniferho said...

hello, I have another new blog, please give me some comment.
http://spring2007umd.blogspot.com/

Cindy said...

Hi, Hiromi
I love 24 a lot. I saw the first session during winter vacation. It is a very good show, isn’t it? ^^ I really want to see others sessions but I don’t know how I can get the DVD. My cousin bought first session that why I can see it. Recently, I am watching LOST. It is another show on abc channel. You can watch on website. (www.abc.com)
My cousin told me this show is good therefore I am watching it. I have seen few episodes and it seems not bad. You can try to watch it if you are interested in it. ^^