VerveEarth


Wednesday, October 04, 2006

lovely weekend :Day 2

Hello everyone~!
In Japan, the sweet smell of orange osmanthuses (We call it "金木犀", kin-moku-sei) makes me feel relaxed especially when I get on the way home after the classes. Today I enjoyed the smell of them when I walked to the Fuchinobe station with Yuiko. I met Yuiko and Hiro after the class, and we ate lunch together at the cafeteria of the university. Yuiko bought the latest edition of iPod nano and she looked so happy because she's wanted to buy one since she took a deeper look at Apple's website while she and I enjoyed chatting on MSN! I was very surprised how it became smaller!

Anyway, some of you might wonder if I was going to write more about last weekend because the title of the post I've added on Saturday was "lovely weekend :Day 1". Yes! I still have something to write because my friends and I did different things on Sunday.


As you can see, there was a reunion of the participants of AGU in America 2006 on Oct.1! In the daytime, Laura, Eriko, Miki, Megumi, and I got together in Yokohama. Yokohama is a bit far from my hometown but I really like to go there because it's one of my favorite places in Japan. (This summer I even stayed at the hotel in Yokohama!) We got on the Sea-Bus to go to the red brick warehouses. I think getting on it is always fun because I rarely have an opportunity to do so when I'm in Tokyo. Unfortunately, the rain started falling while we walked around the red brick warehouses. However, we went inside the warehouse quickly and enjoyed lunch.(and desserts!) After that, we looked through the shops there. There were a lot of good shops there! Then we went to the game arcade to do "PURIKURA". I think it's impossible to miss "PURIKURA" if you are interested in the youth culture in Japan. "PURIKURA" is an instant photo machine to make tiny stickers. I just can't remember how many times I did "PURIKURA" with my friends when I was a high school student (I guess I did it almost everyday! Hahaha~.), and I still do "PURIKURA" with my friends. It's one of the must-have items for Japanese girls, and we exchange stickers.



As the sun went down, I started getting e-mails by my cell phone from the rest of us who wanted to join our dinner at the Kaiten Sushi restaurant. Kaoru, Hiro, Kokoro, Shohei, Fumi, Rikko joined us after they finished doing their part-time jobs. Well, Can you imagine what Kaiten Sushi looks like? Sushi is on a conveyor-belt! When you go there, You can enjoy not only eating sushi but also looking at a lot of kinds of sushi on a conveyor-belt! The last time I went to a Kaiten sushi restaurant was actually about two years ago, so I got excited when I saw the conveyor-belt! Hahaha~.^^ I sat at the table with Eriko, Hiro, and Fumi. As you can easily imagine, being with Eriko was sooo much fun that I kept laughing when I enjoyed eating sushi! You can see how my table was if you look at the picture on the right. There was a chaos at table! Hahaha~!! But of course, we managed to eat everything! Also, you can see Rikko, Shohei, Kokoro, Miki, and Laura enjoyed green tea at their table!

I enjoyed hanging out with them so much that I took a lot of pictures!
So I put the rest of the pictures on my blog through bubbleshare, and you can see the larger images of PURIKURA. So enjoy~.^^

This album is powered by
BubbleShare
- Add to my blog


Okay...I think that's all for today!
Also, I'm looking forward to talking to all of you on our next chat.
See you soon~.^^

3 comments:

Nina Liakos said...

Can you imagine how lovely it was to see the pictures of "my kids" together in Japan?? It was awesome.

What exactly is the appeal of the "red brick warehouses" of Yokohama? Is it what's inside them, their architectural uniqueness.... or what?

And what exactly is a Sea Bus? Like a big water-taxi maybe?

I really enjoyed reading this post! :-)

Ji Won said...

hahahahaa..
The sticker pictures are awesoooommeeee! I had a very good time looking at them and reading the comments on those pictures too! maann I can't wait to be there. ^^
Konogoro siken ga ippai aru kara tyotto taihen~
But I can't wait to chat with you on the 11th! mata neee ^^

Hiromi said...

Nina>
Hello, Nina! I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed looking at the pictures that I took!

I googled the "red brick warehouses" and I found that they are historical buildings. Yokohama city repaired the buildings after the long years abandonment, and they wanted them to be one of the symbols in Yokohama.

Also, your guess about Sea Bus is correct! It's like a bus on the sea. You can go to sight-seeing places by Sea Bus.

Ji Won>
Hi, Oppa~!^^
I'm waiting for you to join us ASAP da yo~! Also, I'm glad that you enjoyed looking at purikura that we took in Yokohama! You can make as much purikura as you want when you come to Japan, so ippai torou nee~.^^ Hehehe.

Siken ga ippai...sore naiwa~!! Demo I'm sure you can dakara ganbatte~.^^ Mata nee!