VerveEarth


Saturday, September 30, 2006

lovely weekend :Day 1

Hello~!
I just can't believe that September is about to end...
In Japan, autumn is considered as one of the best seasons to start something new, along with spring. We say "芸術の秋"(the season for art),"学びの秋(the season for learning)","読書の秋"(the season for reading, I think that's the one for me.^^)"食欲の秋"(the season for eating delicious foods),and so on. The last one sounds funny, but it's true. You can find many kinds of seasonal foods at supermarkets!

Anyway....this is the first weekend after the semester begun.I felt like I've waited so long for this to come because the first week seemed much longer than I thought. Also, I've got something to do. Yes, it's homework!

But today I went to Roppongi with Yuko to watch a movie. Do you remember Yuko? A friend of mine who visited France in this summer and I put the pictures that she took on this blog. The picture on the left is one of the most famous buildings in Tokyo, and it's located in the place that's called Roppongi Hills. There are some buildings in this area and it looks like a city. The building in the picture has 54 stories above the ground and 6 underground stories! It seems like you can reach the sky if you climb up the building! Hahaha~.^^ There are offices, shops(everything is expensive!), banks, hospitals inside the building. You can live in the residence floor if you like, but the rent is eye-popping! Also, Roppongi is one of the cities which enables you to find the diversity in Tokyo because a number of foreign people live here.

We looked for the place to eat lunch first. We enjoyed eating hot sandwiches at the restaurant. We talked about the things each of us did in this summer, and Yuko showed me the pictures of her trip to France. Every place she visited was sooo beautiful that I kept looking at them again and again. Looking at them really made me want to go to France and visit the places she went!

After that, we went to the theater. The movie we watched was "The Lake House". Yuko is a fan of Keanu Reeves and she's wanted to check it out since the movie came out. It's actually a Hollywood remake of the hit Korean film, and I've seen Korean version a while ago. So I was interested to see how it would be when it's made in Hollywood. It's a romantic love story and the man and woman in the movie live 2 years apart. It could never happens in real world, and there was a series of highly unlikely coincidence. But I was touched by the movie and I even cried when the things went how I wanted them to be at the end. I also liked how they communicated with each other, and it made the movie more interesting. Writing a letter to someone looks old-fashioned today, but I like it because I think it's more personal than e-mail or IM.

Going to Roppongi always makes me crazy! I'm not so good at taking the metro in Tokyo even though I'm a citizen of Tokyo.(Hahaha~. I live in Tokyo, but it's kind of a rural area of Tokyo.) It's sooo complicated and the name of the starions sound unfamiliar to me. I wish the company of the metro would come up with the idea that they name the lines by color...but I managed it today and I was glad when I got there!

Okay....I think it's time to do my homework!
Bye~.^^

2 comments:

Nina Liakos said...

One of the things I like the most about your posts is the beautiful pictures of food. They look like they could be in a food magazine. I've finally bought a digital camera of my own! :-) So pretty soon I should be taking pictures of food and other things... Maybe I will start a new blog just to post them.

Another thing I really like is that you write things in Japanese, but you always provide translations (thanks!), and you always teach me something new and interesting about your culture.

How many classes are you taking? What are they? How many hours does each meet per week, and how much homework do you usually have? I am very curious about your student life!

Hiromi said...

Nina>
Hi, Nina! Thanks for your compliment! I can keep blogging because you always give me some comments on my posts!

You're so interested in my college life, aren't you? Maybe I should add a post about my school life! It'll help you imagine what my school life is like.:)

Eriko>
Hello, Eriko~!It must be really nice to go to Roppingi Hills with you! So let's go there together soon!^^ Yes, Live Door's office is still there.

By the way, I actually bought the book "Nine Stories" last week! I read "Good day for Bananafish", but reading it in Japanese was so hard..! I'm gonna read it again, and talk to you about it later!

Jennifer>
Hello, Jennifer! I guess I try to find something interesting on a daily basis! Also, I'm trying to enjoy everything in my life even though it's sometimes hard. Anyway, thanks for your comment! I really appreciate it!!