VerveEarth


Sunday, April 22, 2007

The Painting Flew From Italy

Hello, everyone!

I've wanted to add a new post as soon as possible even though I almost had nothing to post about... But no matter what was on my mind last week, I just needed to stick to my schedule which really seemed to be hectic again and get used to it. Well, I guess I can manage to spend my time better when I have lots of things to do. So now it's time to adjust to it, isn't it?

Today, I'd like to talk about the small trip I took to the museum in Tokyo, where the famous painting in Italy stays right now! It's located in the place called "Ueno", and it takes about 20 minutes from Shibuya to get there. The name of the museum is "Tokyo National Museum", and the exhibition is called "The Mind of Leonardo". Some of you are already guessing who I'm going to talk about today. Yes, it'll be Leonardo da Vinci! The purpose of the exhibition is to rediscover what he had done when he was alive without exaggerating them too much, so that means it would deal not only with his painting but also with the things he observed and wrote down on notes.

His famous painting, "The Annunciation" is right here in Japan now. Since I've been recently interested in Italy very much because of my enthusiasm about the professional soccer played in the country, Serie A. I know there's no similarity between him and the soccer, but I just wanted to feel something the painting told me before my eyes.

The painting must be exhausted after the unimaginable long hours flight from Italy (Ha-ha), and it was the only painting shown in the first site of the exhibition because the other site was dedicated to what he discovered in many different fields. So at the moment I entered the first site, I thought that the painting would have looked somehow lonely or sought for other paintings to stay with just like they do in Italy. To my surprise, it definitely had a dominating presence at the center of the room, and it drew every one's attention. To take a look deeply at what he drew or what he did was just like talking with him through his work. It's awesome to comprehend what he had been interested in by reading what he left, and it showed surprising amount of curiousness he had on his mind which never seemed to disappear. That's something I've liked about him, and I'd like to learn from it.

It's amazing to be able to pay a visit to the exhibition like this, and visiting there made me want to go to Italy some day to see more paintings, cultural buildings, and more importantly the soccer! Since the soccer is not so famous in the US where some readers of my blog live in, I will not talk about it here, but if I do it'll last forever! Hahaha.... (To be honest, watching the soccer in Italy is enough to make me want to visit Italy. )

As I've got to know more and more about Shibuya and Tokyo very slowly, I began to realize how fortunate I am to go to the university which has a campus surrounded by a lot of different interesting places! I am looking forward to discovering more in the area. ^^

As always, I put the rest of the pictures I took on Bubbleshare!
This album is powered by BubbleShare - Add to my blog
I hope you enjoy!
Alright, that'll do for today!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic blog... As I commented this evening during dinner, just fantasitic. Was is babbleshare.com that you use??? I've never seen such way of posting a picture before. Maybe I should use it some time. Anyhow, let me know in seminar when you jot something new on the blog, I'll be waiting to read what you come up next. (^^)

Anonymous said...

Woops... guess it was bubbleshare.com not babble... lol