VerveEarth


Thursday, September 21, 2006

Assignment Accomplished

Hello~!!

I'm writing this just to let everyone know that I finished doing the assignment that Uchida sensei gave me. I'm sooo glad to finish it that I've started updating my blog.

To tell the truth, I counldn't decide if I was going to write it or not until today because the purpose I participated in this program was not to get a grade, and I wasn't sure that I could finish writing a report. But I remember writing the report when I went to American University last year and the amount I was required to write was 4 sheets of A4 paper in English.(It was one of the most challenging assignments I've ever had, but I developed the confidence of writing in English because of that experience.) So I changed my mind and I just encouraged myself to give it a try.

The topic I talked about on the report was diverseness in the US. Rethinking about what I felt when I stayed in Maryland took a while, but it was interesting because writing about it made me think about the situations not only in the US but also in Japan. I guess that's one of the reasons why I like learning about different cultures. Learning about them always let me think about my country, and it also gives me a new perspective to see the things that I thought I knew. Also, writing in English was fun even though it took a longer time than writing in Japanese. I even felt that my personality was becoming a kind of different one...I guess it's because of the rhythm of English and how it is structured.

Wow... my blog finally looks like an academic one?!
I hope that you'll like an academic side of me. Hahaha~.^^

See you soon~.

6 comments:

mimaki said...

You are a GREAT student(*^0^*)Your theme is wonderful and interesting!
I've not finished doing a paper yet...I'm afraid I may not finish it(+_+;)

Hiromi said...

Mimaki>
Hello~, Mimaki!^^
Have you decided what you're going to talk about on your report? Writing a report in English is a bit hard, but the feeling you'll have when you finish doing it is awesome da yooo.^^ I even added a new post on my blog dakara ne. Hahaha~.

Anyway, I hope that you'll finish writing it by the deadline.(There's still time,you know!) I'm sure you can finish it.^^ If you can't, 死ぬ気になれば平気よ☆(笑)

Ji Won said...

I like the academic side of you da ^^ hahahaha~
4 page paper in English, huh??? That's very impressive! I personally take a looooonnngg time writing papers so I know what it must have felt like to you.
Anyways, thanks for the e-mail ne! I'm finally done with the exam and I can relax for a bit... Hiromi mo gakkou hajimattara ganbatte ne~ I know you'll do just fine da, like I said before.
Zya, mata ne~~

Hiromi said...

Ji Won>
Hi, Oppa~.^^

I'm glad to hear that you liked the academic side of me da yo. Sometimes I have to be a MAJIME person dakara ne.Hehehe.^^ I still think that writing 4 page paper in English is crazy and I just can't believe that I actually have done it da ne.
Anyway, otsukaresama for taking the exam and you've finally got the time to drink da nee!Hahaha.^^ Also, I'll do my best on the next semester,which is about to start in a few days! Mata nee~.^^

Nina Liakos said...

A very thoughtful post. I also think that visiting/living in different countries is an invaluable experience because of the insight we gain into our own culture. It is said that a fish is not aware of the water it swims in until it is out of the water; similarly, a person is not aware of the culture he or she lives in until he or she experiences another culture.

I'd love to read your paper, Hiromi. Will you send it to me?

Hiromi said...

Nina>
Hello, Nina!
It's always interesting to experience another culture,isn't it? Sometimes it even makes me take a look at myself in a different way.

Anyway, I'll send my paper to you soon!