VerveEarth


Monday, September 18, 2006

Three Generations at a time!

Hello~!!

I just finished watching the performances of Japan's synchronized swimming team on TV. Today was the final day of the FINA Synchronized Swimming World Cup 2006, which was held in Yokohama from Sep 14th to 17th. I've loved watching swimming races and performances of synchronized swimming on TV since I was a little girl. Watching them on TV always makes me want to say "suggooooi!!"(Woooow!!!!) or "nande anna ni iki ga tuzukuno?!"(How do they hold their breath for quite a while?). As you can imagine, the level of synchronized swimming in Japan is so high that the Japanese always expect the players to get medals, and the media even says that the color of medals is all that matters. So I easily can imagine how much pressure they've got as the day of their performance neared. Then I was almost about to cry when they won the silver medal!

Anyway...
My grandmother on the mother's side and her younger sister came to my house today. It was so good to see two of them at the same time because I haven't had a chance to talk to them since I even went to school on Saturday. But I'm still on vacation now, so we finally could get together! My mother was also there, so it was like girl talk beyond generations! Hahaha~^^ Also, the third Monday of September is "Respect for the Aged Day" in Japan, so it really was perfect timing!



After we enjoyed talking at my house, we decided to go to the Japanese restaurant to have lunch.(Please forgive me for making this blog look like a The Michelin Guide! Also, I'm not trying to make you hungry! Hahaha~^^) I was starving at that time because I didn't have breakfast, so everything on the menu looked delicious!! I had some Sushi, Udon, fried chicken, and french fries. I guess the combination was perfect!


Ahhh....I couldn't help but notice that there was a menu of desserts. I always have room for desserts like every girl does, so I enjoyed eating the ice cream with marrons.

We went grocery shopping after having lunch, and my mother drove them home. We even kept talking on the way to their homes! I really had a good time having lunch together and talking about my school and how I've spent my vacation!

See you~^^

5 comments:

Hiromi said...

Hi Jennifer!
Thanks for your quick reply to my comment on your blog and visiting my blog! Also, I'm surprised to know that you've visited Japan more than 5 times! WOW! I've never been to Kobe before even though I'm Japanese! Hahaha...:)

Yeah, I think I'm always trying to enjoy my life to the fullest! Also, I make this blog colorful because I want visitors to enjoy reading my posts and looking at the pictures that I took. In this way, I think I can share my experiences with visitors like you! I really hope it works.^^

+Seyoung+ said...

Hi~ glad to meet you
hajimemasitte~
I lived in Japan for 4 years. Well... I was in Osaka, so my japanese is "Osaka-ben".
Yup. my nickname is "sugizoluna" from Japanese guitarlist who is in The band name "LUNA SEA". Do you Know them? They are kind of "Vidual band" like X-japan.
Maybe I think you know about "Kawamura Ryuichi" who is singer. He was the vocal in this band.
"sugizo" is main guitar in the band, and "luna" is his daughter's name. I guess her daughter's full name is "Sugihara Artemis Luna"!
Kind of strange name but I think her name is so cool.(she has middle name~~~. it's not formal who have middle name.

Anyway thank you for visit my blog, and have a nice day~

Hiromi said...

+shinigami+>
Hi! Thanks for your reply to my comment and visiting my blog! It's interesting for me to make friends with a person like you, who can speak Japanese!(even though it's on the internet.)

Wow! I enjoyed reading about the origin of your nickname! Also, I was surprised that you know about "LUNA SEA" much better than me! Hahaha~.^^ I know Kawamura Ryuichi, but I didn't know much about the band, so reading about it was fascinating!

Anyway, thank you for visiting my blog!

Ji Won said...

Obachang~
How're you? ^^
You always post up the pictures of yummy-looking food! Seeing those pictures always makes me hungryyy.
Anyways, I have an exam this Thursday (dame jyan!) and I couldn't study for it at all until today. Sore nai wa~ ^^ hahaha
Okay, I'm gonna get back to studying. Mata ne~~ ^^

Hiromi said...

Ji Won>
Hi,Oppa~^^

Saikin I'm sooo sad that the vacation is about to end da yoo. Demo I still have tyotto dake left, so I've enjoyed reading books at home.^^ The book I finished reading was sooo tanoshii that I stayed up late...tteiuka ki ga tsuitara morning datta.(^^ゞ
Wow...you've been busy lately da ne. Demo I think you'll do fine, ne! So Good luck in the exam~!!がんばって☆