VerveEarth


Sunday, September 10, 2006

U T A D A U N I T E D 2 0 0 6

Hello~!

Today, I went to the show of Utada Hikaru with my friend from my junior high. Utada Hikaru is one of the famous singers in Japan, she even made her debut in the US. I've been a big fan of her since her debut in 1998. (Wow...8 years ago!) I really like her choices of words in the lyrics and her voice, and she always tries to do something new when she makes a song. So every song that she made has a different style. Also, her taste of books has a big influence on my choices of books. (She loves reading so much that she even wrote her favorite authors on her official website.)
I went to her show 2 years ago, so it was the second time for me to go to her show. I was sooo excited to see her sing again that my body started moving before the show began. (Minna mo sou dayo nee? (Everyone does the same thing as me when you go to a show of your favorite artist, right?))


As I said, I've been listening to her songs since I was a junior high school student. (Time flies so fast, doesn't it?) Her songs have always been there for me to smile, help me go through hardships, and sometimes make me think about myself. So seeing her sing her old and new songs was just like flipping through my memories book on my mind. Some of the songs even made me cry. Also, the lighting was really unique and beautiful! (Her husband, who is a movie director, did that.) The lighting and her costumes went together very well. I'm really sad that I can't share the things I saw at the show with all of you because taking pictures was not allowed! (Ahhh...dame jaaan!(Nonsense!)) Anyway, the picture is where the show was held. The shape of it is unique and stylish! It's called Yoyogi National Gymnasium. I think the capacity is about 10 thousand people.


After the show, my friend and I went to the cafe. I had the pumpkin pudding, and mango juice. I love pumpkin, so I did enjoy eating it! : )
I bought some souvenirs for my friend. Guess who it is?! Someone who is coming to Japan very very soon! (Is it too easy for you?)

Yes.....It's Laura!
She is a big fan of her as well, so I really wish she were there with me!
Anyway, I really enjoyed the show and it's always great to go to shows of my favorite artists!

TANOSHIKATTA~~~~!!!!!(It was a lot of fun!)

2 comments:

Ji Won said...

obachangu~

Your post about Utada Hikaru was very interesting and emotional. Songs do indeed touch people's hearts, sometimes even making them laugh or cry. That's the power of music, ne? ^^ Anyways, I'm glad you enjoyed the concert. You bought Souvenirs for Laura?? Awww how nice of you. ^^ Have plenty of fun with her when you meet her and tell her I said hi!
Mata ne~~

Hiromi said...

Ji Won>
Oppa~^^

I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed reading my post! Sou sou, the power of music is amazing da ne. Shikamo it even crosses the national boundaries dashi ne. :)

Haiyo~^^ Tell Laura you said hi, tyanto itte oku nee^^
Jaa mata nee~. Mata handwriting shiyou nee^^