VerveEarth


Saturday, September 09, 2006

"chang"'s meeting!

Hello~!
It's about 3 am here, and I got home about three hours ago....

The reason why I got home late today is that I went to Yokohama again.
But this time, I went there with Hiro and Yuiko!

Do you remember how we call each of us when we were in Maryland? My nickname was "Obachang", and Hiro's nickname was "Ojichang". Then Yuiko's nickname was "Yuichang". We came up with these nicknames just for making clear distinction between me and Hiro. But we still call each other that way. Hahaha~. So today was like a reunion of "chang"s. : )

I usually go to Yokohama by car, so it was a bit hard for me to go to Yokohama by train because the names of the stations were not familiar to me. Also, it took one and half hours to get there. (But it's still worth visiting over and over again because there's always something new!)So I was relieved when I finally arrived at Yokohama. The train I got on today was Yokohama Line, and actually I take this train to go to school. But I still get confused about the names of the stations. Anyway, I like getting on trains for long hours because I can read books!

I was so excited to see Hiro and Yuiko, and seeing each other again made me feel as if we were still in Maryland! After we got together at Yokohama station, we started walking to have something to eat. Yokohama is Yuiko's hometown, so she took us to the restaurant that she recommended. We had Ra-men(Chinese Noodle) for lunch. It was really delicious and we talked about the things each of us did after we arrived here. We even talked about the first thing each of us ate on the day we got home in Japan. Then we left the restaurant and started window-shopping!(I think that's the best way to enjoy shopping! You don't have to think about being broke! Hahaha~!!!)

Hiro took this picture for me at the store which is called "Village Vanguard". Inside the store was filled with interesting things from all over the world! We kept staying here for about an hour just for looking at the stuff. You can even buy the panda I rode on if you like. Hahaha~! But I was surprised that the price of the panda was more expensive than I thought! (even though I was not interested in buying it.)

After looking through department stores, we looked for a place to have the dinner. We went to Italian restaurant, and we all enjoyed eating pasta! I had tomato and mozzarella with basil, Hiro had vongole bianco, and Yuiko had cod ovum with dried laver seaweed(Japanese Style).

IMG_1260.1

We finished eating pasta and we also had the puddings and lychees for desserts. Can you guess what Hiro was doing when I took this picture? He was training the skill of using chopsticks!(Let me just simplify...he was playing with the seeds of lychees! He even competed with Yuiko!) I was impressed to see how concentrated he was when he was trying to hold 4 seeds of lychees with chopsticks! That was really funny!

Then each of us took different trains to go home. But we kept sending e-mails by cell phones inside the train, so I never got bored! I was almost about to laugh when I got the e-mails from Hiro and Yuiko!

Anyway, we really had a good time.
We went to Yokohama this time, where Yuiko lives in. So next time we'll go to Tokyo, where Hiro and I live in. For example, Shibuya, Aoyama, and Harajuku! There are tons of clothing stores in those areas. So please let me know if any of you want to join us and enjoy shopping! Hahaha~!!!

3 comments:

Nina Liakos said...

I loved reading about your outing with the two other Changs! I could visualize the whole excursion thanks to the many details you wrote. The food picture made me hungry (even though I just had lunch!), but the window shopping didn't tempt me at all! :-)

I think it's wonderful that you got together and had such a great time.

Don't forget: reunion chat 1 this Thursday!

Ji Won said...

Obachang~~ ^^
hahaha the "chang reunion?" Sounds like a lot of fun! I'm really glad you all became good friends through this program. Seeing and experiencing new things while traveling is good; making great friends while traveling is even more excellent! sou omowanai?? ^^ Nice post!! You get an "A"

Hiromi said...

Nina>
Hello,Nina! Thanks for your comment! I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed reading my post! Yeah, the food was really delicious! It makes me want to go there again everytime I looked at the picture. :)

I'm looking forward to talking to you on Sep 14!

Ji Won>
Oppa~~,hisashiburi!!! Mazu, ARIGATOU for your comment ne~.:) Hehehe, "chang reunion" was sooo fun that we already started talking about where to get together next time dayooo! Please join us when you come to Japan ne!
Mata nee~~~^^