VerveEarth


Sunday, February 25, 2007

The Oscar goes to....?

Hello, everyone~!

The media in Japan are massively passionate about covering the news of the Japanese actress who have been nominated for the Academy Awards as best supporting actress. Her name is Rinko Kikuchi, and she appeared in a film called "BABEL" as a high school student student who communicated with sign language. I understand the fact that the Japanese actress got nominated for the awards is amazing and exciting.

However, if I could say a thing or two, the people in Japan like me haven't seen the film yet because the international release date for Japan has not come. So I'm a little confused about the fact that our media has been trying really hard to bring up the news of her to the viewers who have no idea about what the movie is like. I wish I would be able to see all the nominees on best pictures before the results come out, because it would help me watch movies somehow fairly and impartially. Going to a theater to watch movies labeled as "Oscar-winning" or "Oscar-nominated" is just too much information, I think... It'll definitely change the way I see movies intentionally or unintentionally.

Well, whatever I say about that, there's nothing I can do about it! So I'm looking forward to waiting "Oscar-winning" or "Oscar-nominating" movies to come here in Japan.

Alright, that's all for today.
See you soon~

No comments: