VerveEarth


Friday, February 16, 2007

Matsuzaka-San

Hello, everyone~!

Recently, I've seen a lot of reports on TV about training camps of professional baseball teams in Japan. Because of that my mother likes to watch baseball games on TV, I gradually became a fan of the team which she's liked since she was a junior high school student. Both of us is getting more and more excited as the beginning day of the season approaches!

In doing so, what has struck me the most is the fact that lots of the Japanese baseball players have gone to America to play with the players from MLB. I just can't count how many of them joined the teams in the US. These days, the player who has made headlines both in Japan and the US is Matsuzaka Daisuke. Have you heard of him? Maybe some of you have because he came in to pitch when the World Baseball Classic took place in the US. Though I was not a fan of the team he used to belong to, he has been one of my favorite players since he made a debut in 1997.

He is now in Florida to participate the training camp of Boston Red SoX. After I heard that he decided to go to MLB, half of me was really sad because we would lose one of the most talented players in Japanese baseball. However, the other half of me was glad because he finally had a chance to show his talent to the world. When he and his team's general manager had the press conference, he said that he knew he would be there because it was a part of his plan. So for him, it was not a dream. In this kind of situation, most people would say "It's my dream come true!". But he didn't describe it like that, and he could see what to come by believing himself and keeping to practice. Watching him say it in front of a lot of reporters from the US and Japan was so inspiring. I think that's why I like him so much even though he fought against my favorite team.

I just can't wait to see him play in Boston! I also heard that there's a possibility that he would have a game between his team and New York Yankees, which means he will meet Matsui-san in games!! That's so exciting!

That's all for today.
See you soon~

No comments: