VerveEarth


Saturday, February 24, 2007

San Francisco

Hello, everyone~!

I hung out with a friend of mine from high school the other day, and she casually remarked that it would be fun to visit our friends who are studying in the US. We actually had 2 locations to choose from, which made us undecided. One of our friends study in Hawaii, and the other in California. Hmmm.... They both sound really good, don't they? Since we couldn't decide, we let the girls in the US decide where we go by asking their schedules in March. Then, California was selected! (I'm sorry it didn't happen to be Maryland!)

A friend of mine in the US studies in Foothill College. I found that the campus is located between San Francisco and San Jose.(But I also found they have 2 campuses, so I have to ask her which is the one.) I've already looked into what the place is like, and I've come to know about there a lot after I logged on to Google Map and I paid a visit to the website that contains plenty of information about the city.

Speaking of San Francisco, the name of the place does remind me of the very first trip I took to Colorado,Denver. I was a junior high student at the time, so the memory somehow have come to wither little by little, especially when it comes to the detail. However, one thing I certainly remember for good about the trip is that my baggage had been accidentally sent to San Francisco! Thanks to the kind assistance from my host family, I managed to go through the unexpectedly massive losses of my clothe and other things I brought from Japan for daily life. After that, thankfully my baggage safely flew back to where I was at the time, Denver.

So since then, I've wanted to visit that place for some reason. Something definitely attracted me after the incident. Though it was just my suitcase that flew to there, I was somehow envious of its trip! Well, as far as I see, it's likely to happen to me finally very soon!

Alright, that's all for today.
See you soon!

1 comment:

Nina Liakos said...

What an exciting plan! When will you go, and how long will you be able to stay? The SF Bay Area is a part of California I have visited many times; I have relatives there and my best friend from college as well. I am sure you will love it there! One of the most beautiful places I have ever been is Point Lobos State Park, which is near Monterey. Try to visit it if you can! The other most beautiful place is Yosemite National Park, which is farther away but still accessible if you have enough time. Have a wonderful trip!