VerveEarth


Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Boku no Kanojo wa Cyborg

Hello, everyone~!

In Japan, especially in Kanto region, the Typhoon arrived in this morning. Fortunately, I did not have a class. But I found a lot of broken umbrellas on the way to the school today.

Well, what I'm going to talk about this time is the movie called "Boku no Kanojo wa Cyborg.僕の彼女はサイボーグ"("My Girlfriend is a Cyborg" in English.) It's coming to the theaters on May 30th. You may wonder why I will talk about this before it arrives at theaters. Actually, I got a chance to see this movie a bit earlier than everyone because I won a ticket for the preview! Yaaaaay!


As you might guess from the title of the movie, the story is about a boy falling in love with a girl who is actually a cyborg. I'm sure you're wondering, how come a girlfriend is a cyborg? The boy, Jiro, is having an ordinary and a bit unfortunate life. He is a kind of boy who has no one to celebrate his birthday, and he even asks a store staff to wrap his birthday's present just for himself. But one day, the girl comes to him and she goes everywhere he goes. She does it because she is sent by somewhere outside the globe to make his life a happy one and she knows he passed away and how he lived before. And according to her, her emotional feelings develop as she interacts with him and others.

As the story went on, I realized how crazy it was to fall in love with a cyborg, which we believe has no emotion. At the same time, however, that's kind of things that we hope to happen or imagine at least. Moreover, we cannot help but wonder how the things would have or could have been if we looked at the different options. We all know that it's meaningless to do so, but we often think or say so. I guess that's why we live, struggle, and laugh everyday. It also makes the life so special and precious. And if we can press "rewind" so easily or go back to the past, the life would be so boring than you would imagine.

That's what I thought after I watched the movie. In the movie, a man goes inside the school with a knife, and the teacher and the student there are really scared. At the time, the girl(cyborg) comes running and she cleans up the man. After that, she says that Jiro broke his heart when he heard the news and that's why she goes there to make a difference.(It means that she knows what will happen before the incident happens because she is sent from the future.)

Lastly, why don't you watch the trailer of the movie?

If you want to know more, visit the official website!

I wasn't sure what to expect very much by watching this movie. However, it turns out that it was a really interesting film to watch! I urge you to check it out if you have time! ^^

That's all for today!
See you soon.^^

1 comment:

Nina Liakos said...

Hmmm. I can only say... looks interesting! (I watched the trailer, but not understanding Japanese....)