VerveEarth


Saturday, May 31, 2008

The Concert by AGU Orchestra

Hello, everyone~!

Today, I went to the concert by AGU Orchestra with Eriko. As some of you already know, Yuki belongs to it. I was really happy to see her play the instrument, which is horn.

It was the second time for me to be there, but it's always nice to go to the concert like this. I usually go to concerts by singers like Utada Hikaru. So, it's refreshing to go the concert held by the orchestra.

The play list was...

*Brahms: Symphony No. 4 in E minor, Op.98

*Mendelssohn: Overture to Midsummer Night's Dream, Op.21

*Chaikovski: Nutcracker Op.71

Unfortunately, we couldn't meet Hana-chan(Yuki's nickname) after the concert. However, the concert was amazing! I also realize that being the hall to hear the music would put a different context to the experience. Today, you can easily download music of live shows through the Internet, but when it comes to feeling it, I strongly think that I have to bring myself to the concert! Don't you think?

Alright, that's for all today!
See you soon. ^^

1 comment:

Nina Liakos said...

Bravo Yuki! I wish I could have attended the concert. I like all three pieces. They didn't play the whole Nutcracker Suite, though, did they? The concert would have lasted 3-4 hours!

Have you seen the play A Midsummer Night's Dream? It's very funny!

I also listened to live music this past weekend when I spent 12 hours at the Washington Folk Festival. I go every year because it is so awesome! I wish I could take the AGU students there but it is always in early June.