VerveEarth


Monday, May 26, 2008

I was a bit sleepy today... and What I do at Work

Hello, everyone~!

I was a bit sleepy today.... why? I watched the match of Formula 1 held in Monaco on TV yesterday. I was just curious who would win this race because the race in Monaco has been famous for its difficulty. At the beginning, what I intended to do was just to take a glimpse of it. But finally it turned out that I watched the whole race... Oops. When I was a bit younger than now, I wasn't interested in Formula 1 at all. I even thought that watching it was a away to make some noise in the room. But now I'm now looking forward to watching every race... I don't know what triggered this habit. The same can be said for watching football.

Well, today was the second day of my new part-time job in Shibuya. One of the things I do there is to write down the contents of the news shows that run everyday. I work at a kind of the English institute(As I mentioned before, the people who wish to be interpreters and translators visit there.), so the materials like news clips will be used in the class room. In order for everyone to look for them easier, I and other assistants write down what the news shows deal with. The news shows are, for example, CNN World News, BBC World News, and so on. You might think that I can listen to them only in English, but actually they also are translated into Japanese. So, I sometimes choose the Japanese, and vice versa.

As you probably know, I like to watch the news shows and I often download the podcasts of the shows. So, this task has been really enjoyable to me and I can watch the other news clips that the Japanese media don't cover often, such as the number of violence happened in South Africa has been on the rise lately, and the special report on the Egyptian economy and so on. I'm planning to introduce some of them to you on this blog when I find something interesting.

So, please look forward to it!
Well, that's all for today. ^^

By the way, the day of our chat is finally coming!
I hope I can virtually see many of you there.

1 comment:

Nina Liakos said...

It sounds like you are getting paid to do what you enjoy--my definition of the perfect job!

See you tomorrow!