VerveEarth


Thursday, May 29, 2008

L'Espace Rose @ Shibuya

Hello, everyone~!

On Wednesday, I went to the museum called Bunkamura the Museum with Eriko! I only had one class on the day. And Eriko was also there in the class room. After the class, we went outside the campus to buy lunch and Eriko attended the afternoon class. At the time, I didn't have anything to do in particular, so I took a rest on the bench and read the book.

Suddenly, Eriko sent me an e-mail after her class to see if I was still at the campus. And she told me that she was interested in the exhibition held at the museum near the campus.

The title is "L'Espace Rose." The exhibition is about botanical art. It mainly focuses on the artist whose name is Pierre-Joseph Redouté. The exhibits by Alfred Persons, Yoshio Hutakuchi, and Fujio Saimon were also there. Air fresheners used there smelled just like roses. So, it made us feel like we were lost in a rose garden!

Botanical art basically exists for scientific reasons, and collecting materials of flowers, plants, and so on. So, as for this exhibition, the way roses are written is painstakingly accurate. I have no idea how he acquired the skills to do it. According to what I've read in the museum, Pierre took a trip for practicing at the age of 13! I was surprised at the fact that he thought about his future so early. But that decision ended up bringing him to meet the people such as Josephine, whose husband was Napoleon Bonaparte, and Marie Antoinette.

Moreover, the fact that Napoleon allowed his wife to keep having the rose garden interested me. I'm not sure if the garden that Marie Antoinette had was the same one as Josephine enjoyed, but I wondered why Napoleon decided to have the garden because I think he would think of it as the symbol of a waste of money or something negative. Or did he think it would be beneficial? Or was he actually mesmerized by the charm of the roses? Hmmm...

Anyway, we enjoyed being there very much! Though keep standing in the museum was tiring, it turned out to be worthy. If some of you who live in Tokyo haven't decided yet, I urge you to visit there. ^^

Also, outside the museum was a little garden with beautiful roses! I took pictures of them, so I hope you enjoy. :)
BubbleShare: Share photos - Powered by BubbleShare

Alright, that's all for today!
See you soon.^^

No comments: