VerveEarth


Friday, August 25, 2006

my friend in France

It's about 2:30 am here and I'm wondering if it's the right time to say "Kon ban wa" ("Good evening" in Japanese) .....
So I would say good afternoon as if I were in Maryland!
The reason why I stay up so late today is that I took a nap in the afternoon, so I got my second wind now!

First of all, let me say a thing or two about my previous message. Though the title was "Udon & My friend in France", I completely forgot to talk about my friend! (The title has been changed after I noticed it.) I think I concentrated on talking about Udon very much because Udon is one of my favorite foods in the world! Thanks to Nina, I could notice something was missing! Thank you so much, Nina! I really appreciate it! :)

Okay.... I guess it's time to start introducing my friend who is staying in France now. Her name is Yuko. She belongs to the same department as me, International Politics. She is interested in France and their culture so much that she chose to learn France as a second language in AGU. At that time, she started making friends with people in France by sending e-mail. Then she left Japan to stay in France for a while. She is staying at her French friend's house.

I talk to her every night through MSN, which is sooo much fun! The reason is that we both use Webcam! Her French friend is familiar with the computer things, so he helped her use Webcam. I actually had my Webcam before she used it but I didn't think any of my friends have one. So I almost forgot that I had one. But she made me want to use it and realize how awesome it is to be able to see our faces while we're chatting on MSN. I'm always excited to see her smile and talk to her because she talks about the place she visits everytime we enjoy chatting. I don't even feel the distances between us because we can see each other's faces! (Though there's still time differences.... :( )

As I wrote, she visits famous places almost everyday. Then she sent me the pictures of them. So I'm going to show you some of them.
In this way, I think I can pretend that I'm in France now!
Hahaha.... just kidding! :)



This is the palace of Versailles.
I really want to go there while I'm alive!!!!!!!!!


This is Louvre Museum.
I think you can guess where it is because that pyramid is so famous in the world! Now it's also famous for the place where the movie "The Da Vinci Code" was filmed. Like so many people in the world, I enjoyed reading that novel sooo much. So I'm really jealous that she visited here!

Alright... that's all for today~! Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Ji Won said...

Those are two absolutely gorgeous pictures!! Louvre Museum is one place I definitely want to visit in the near future.

I'm impressed that you read the Da Vinci Code. I remember reading it two years ago when I was away for Army business. I didn't even talk to anybody! I just kept on reading because the book was so interesting!

Anyways, it's nice of you to stay up late every night to talk to your friend. And thank you for talking to me for two hours while I was waiting at the service center. Otsukare sama desita~ Arigatoooooo ^^

Hiromi said...

Seri>
I'm sooo glad you've read my post! Yeah, I really enjoyed looking at the pictures she took in France as well. Okay...I'm gonna ask her to send me more pictures! So please look forward to it! :)

Ahhh, having friends who are living in abroad is awesome, right? Now I have many of them, so I can receive so many pictures from them!

Woooow! Your cousin lives in England?! That's sooo cool!!!!! I definitely want to go there with you~!! Hahaha~.
Anyway, thanks for your great comment!

Ji Won>
I'm also the one who really wants to go to Louvre Museum da yooo!!

As I told you, I love reading. So the Da Vinci Code was like a must-read for me datta no :) Fortunately, the novel was translated into Japanese!!! Hehehe~. Sugoku omoshiroi novel datta yoneee-. :)

Hahahaha~,I'm really good at staying up too late dakara ne. I'm the person who is "Yoru ni tsuyoi"! So feel free to talk to me even if you think the time in here is tyoooo late ne. :) I really enjoyed talking to you while you were at the service center dayooo! Are wa suggoku tanoshikatta ne^^

Hiromi said...

Hi,Eriko! It's been a while since we arrived Japan. How have you been? I miss you so much and I miss hearing you say "Thank you soo much~" :)

Hahaha, you're jealous that I have friends living abroad? But I think we all have friends living abroad now because we made friends with the awesome mentors! Hehehe~ :)

Ahh...I want to go to Italy as well. Also, that's the place where Tim is staying now だもんねー。
Anyway, thanks for your comment!