VerveEarth


Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Small trip to Yokohama!

Good morning!
I was thinking about changing the name of the blog because the contents on this blog will no longer be about Maryland.... :( But I don't have a good one now.... So let me just keep it until I come up with good one. Does anyone have a good idea??

Anyway.... I'm going to talk about the small trip to Yokohama today.

From August 25th to 26th, I went to Yokohama with my family. My father told me about it on the day before the trip, so I once thought it was a joke. But after that, he started talking about the details. As he told me about what to do and where to stay, I got excited!

We went to the shopping mall in Gotemba first. It locates in Shizuoka prefecture. It took 2 hours to get there. Also, it was not just the shopping mall I've seen before. They sell outlet clothes. (That means we can buy the stuff at cheaper price!) So I really enjoyed being there because just looking at them was soooo much fun! (Just looking is the best way to enjoy shopping, isn't it?)


When we arrived at the mall, the weather was terrible! It seemed like someone above was pouring water into a bucket! But I didn't care about the weather because all I thought about was enjoy shopping! Hahaha~. :)

One of the busiest guys in the world! But he kindly let me take a picture with him while he was taking a break in front of McDonald's. Hahahaha~!

I took this at LEGO store. This tiger? is made of LEGO.

After we enjoyed shopping, my father drove for about an hour to go to the hotel that locates in Yokohama. Yokohama is one of my favorite places in Japan, so I was really excited going there! I even sang along while my father was driving.

After we checked in at the hotel, we went outside to eat dinner. One of the famous place in Yokohama is the port. The ship in the picture is called HIKAWAMARU. You can have a dinner inside the ship and the top floor is a beer garden. We didn't go inside the ship because I didn't want to see drunk people.

This is Marine Tower. We could go there easily because the tower was really close to the hotel. (I think it was 5 minutes walk.) The light of the tower is so beautiful!!

This is the view from the top of Marine Tower. You can see HIKAWAMARU. Also there is a park. It's called Yamashita park. It looks like the mall in Washington DC, doesn't it?

My father took this picture after I took a bath in the morning. The clothes I wore is called YUKATA. It's like a pajama for Japanese. It seems like I really enjoyed taking a bath! :) The hotel was better than I thought and I even enjoyed chatting with Ji Won, Hiro(aka Ojichang) , Yuiko(aka Yuichang) through MSN from midnight to early morning!



My father took the picture of the reflection of the mirror at the hotel. I was watching the base ball game at that time, and my mother was sending an e-mail to her friend.

My father also took the picture of me and my mother. (He's just got the new camera! So he couldn't stop taking pictures!) There was a Sea Bus behind us.

I took this picture when I got on the Sea Bus. (The ship that took me to the other side of Yokohama in 20 minutes.) On the right side, you may see the building that looks a bit strange. It's a hotel and every room has a good view because of the shape. I once stayed there with my family, the view from there was awesome! You may also see 4 buildings, and there are offices and stores and so on. My favorite is the one that is on the left side, and it's called Landmark Tower. Also, can you see Ferris wheel between Landmark Tower and third-biggest building? There is an amusement park. So you can go there if you're tired of shopping!

It's the amusement park I talked about on the previous picture. I really wanted to ride this roller coaster, but we didn't have enough time! (The reason is... I spent all time shopping!)

This is Yokohama Bay Bridge. It's one of my favorite bridges in Japan because the design is so stylish even though it was built in 1989.
I took this picture while we were crossing Yokohama Bay bridge. I get excited everytime I cross the bridge!


On the way back to my home, I sang along to my favorite songs while my father was driving. Then I looked for something famous to take pictures, and I found this tower. This is called Tokyo Tower. The view from this tower is awesome as well.

Okay... can you imagine how fun it was by looking at the pictures I took??

Minna de iku to motto tanoshii kamo! (Going there with all of you will be more fun!)

6 comments:

Nina Liakos said...

Wow, Hiromi, I really enjoyed reading your post about your trip to Yokohama! The photographs made me feel as if I were there with you. Your descriptions of the places you visited were so interesting and full of little details.

One of our former MEI teachers lives in Yokohama now. Unfortunately, she is not a very good correspondent, so I don't hear from her often. It was fun for me to see her city and to know that it is your favorite place to go in Japan.

Ji Won said...

Sounds like a fun trip!
Is this the night when your internet started acting weird?? ^^
I love the LEGO tiger (?) thing!
I used to love LEGO when I was a kid. Brings me back memories... ^^
Anyways, my first class is about to start so I gotta go. :( I can't believe school started already!!

Hiromi said...

Nina>
Hello Nina!^^
Thanks for reading my long post! I didn't realize how long it became until I finished writing it. :) But I wanted to share the pictures and the memory with all of you! So it became longer than I thought.

Wow! your friend lives in Yokohama? That's great! Yokohama has a lot to see, so she is never bored!
Anyway, thanks for your comment!

ji won>
It was fun trip datta yoo! :) Sou sou that was the day when the LAN at the hotel sucked ne. :( Maybe, I used computer too much kamo ne. Hahaha~^^
I was impressed when I saw the LEGO tiger? thing at the store. How many LEGO do they need to make it nandarou nee? I'm curious dayo^^ I should have asked the staff da nee.
Anyway...otsukaresama for waking up early and attending classes!(almost whole day damon nee.)

mimaki said...

You are so good at reporting and describing your trip! I want to be as you like:)

I like Gotemba outlet.I also Karuizawa outlet★Have you been to there??If you haven't,I would recommend you to go^^*

Nina Liakos said...

Hiromi,
Why don't you call your blog "My Sweet Days"?

Hiromi said...

Mimaki>
Thanks for your comment! I'm so glad to know you enjoyed reading my report of the trip! Hahaha~^^

I've never been to Karuizawa Outlet, but my mother and father have been there. They said they also have nice clothes. So I really want to go there!

Nina>
"My Sweet Days" would be nice! Though the sweet days in MEI is over, my sweet days here will continue! :)
Thanks for your advice!