VerveEarth


Tuesday, August 08, 2006

the Washington Post

Good morning!
I slept very well last night so I'm really fine today!

Today, I'm gonna write about the trip to the office of the Washington Post. The Washington Post is one of the worldwide famous newspaper and even the AGU library subscribe to it. Also, I took a lesson which used newspapers for improving English and depth understanding of what's going on in the world, and I really enjoyed that lesson on my freshman year. So I got excited to see the place where the newspaper is made!!! Moreover, it was the first time to go to the place like that, so it was really interesting!! I also walked through the office, so I guess I could feel what it's like to be a editor of the Washington Post a little bit.

Then, I went to a kind of Japanese-Chinese restaurant yesterday. They have "SUMO Bowl" ,"Teriyaki", and "Yakisoba". Their floor was decorated like Japanese style, and there even were chinese charactors and some Japanese on the wall. I chose "Chicken Yakisoba" and I enjoyed eating it with chopsticks, but the taste was different from my thoughts. :(
But at least it reminded me of the Japanese food!
Also I'm glad that the Japanese food(though it's not real) is gaining popularity in foreign countries.

Well, today I'm gonna go shopping at Pentagon City.
I've been looking for the website of the mall and I was surprised how many stores they have!

See you later!

2 comments:

Nina Liakos said...

I guess the Japanese restaurants here cater to American tastes, so the food is not really authentic.

If you want to prevent spammers from commenting on your blog, turn on comment verification and/or comment moderation. Ask me to show you how.

Nina Liakos said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.