VerveEarth


Saturday, August 04, 2007

Chang's Meeting!

Hello, everyone~!

First of all, I'm glad that the participants of AGU 2007 arrived safely! I hope that all of you had slept well on the plain so that you wouldn't get jet lag. ^^

Well, I went to Akasaka (It's part of Tokyo) to visit Tokyo American Center to listen to the lecture conducted by United States Forces, Japan. The division of the US government has given opportunities regularly for undergraduate/graduate students to know more about American culture, politics, and so on. I came to know this because a friend of mine who belongs to different seminar from mine talked to me abotu that, and I began participating. Today was the second time for me, and the topic of the first time was "President Race '08". This time, the topic was about how the US Forces in Japan has worked with the Japanese Forces. After visiting the base of Japan Air Self-Defense Force, I've been interested in how Japan-US Security Treaty has influenced on missions and the relationship between the US and Japan. So it really was a nice opportunity for me!

Moreover, I thought it might also be interesting for Hiro to go to the lecture. So I asked him if he wanted to go, and he said he was interested. So it became literally "Chang's Meeting"! After the lecture, he was able to ask the speakers several questions face to face. He seemed to be glad to do so becaues what he majors in is International Relations, especially in the era of Cold War. We've also got some materials at the end.

After listening to the lecture, we felt like going to the book store near Aoyama campus called Aoyama Book Center to take a look at magazines and books that each of us was interested in. So we got on the train and headed to Shibuya. Hiro and I enjoyed being at the book store so much that I just didn't think about leaving there until we realized that we were hungry! Hahaha~. We finally came to decide what to eat. What do you think we had as dinner? UDON!! It was so delicious that I even forgot to take a picture for you! Sorry! Hehehe~ Donmaikeru. ^^

Alright, that's all for today!
See you soon~. ^^

1 comment:

Ji Won said...

hahahaha nice~
Udon tabetaaaaaiiiii!
I'm so impressed that the Changs are attending lectures that have to do with U.S./Japan military Collaboration. ^^

By the way, I can't believe I didn't say the most important thing on my past comment, and that is: Tanjoubi Omedetou!!!!! Osokute gomen ne~ ^^;;;