VerveEarth


Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Cooking at Midnight....

Hello, everyone~!

Even though I'm not the one who is there with you guys, I'm also sad that the ending of the program is really near. I felt exactly the same when I had to leave there last year, and reading their feelings about departure reminds me of the feeling I had at the time. But as Ji Won said at the time at the airport, "It's just the beginning!". And now I started to realize that after one year has passed since last year.

Anyway, I've heard that some of AGU 2007's participants have IDs for mixi. We created the community for those who participated the program. I think it'll enable us to communicate with each other. So, if you're a mixi user and interested, feel free to join! ^^
http://mixi.jp/view_community.pl?id=1220785

Well, let me now move on to the topic I'm about to talk about today. It's about cooking! I was wondering if I could ever call it "cooking" because it was much easier than I thought, but since I don't know any other way to call it, so I'll talk about it as cooking~!

What I made was pudding. In Japan, a pudding is basically baked. So you need to chew when you eat it because it's hard. But the one I tried to make was different, and mine is called "Torokeru Purin". We, the Japanese, use "torokeru" when we eat something that melts in the mouth. And "purin" would be translated into "pudding" in English. I found the article about the product on the magazine, and it said it was one of the best-selling products in the first half of this year. Also, according to the article, one of the reasons why it was sold very much was that it was easy to made and even children could help moms make it. After I read it, I was interested in how it tasted and how easy it would be to make it actually. So I was glad to find this at the supermarket near my house! ^^ And I came to decide to make it in the middle of the night... Hahaha!

Even though the article said it was easy to make, there was the instruction on the back of the product's box. First of all, put the powder in the bowl. After that, pour milk in slowly. Then, all you have to do is stir up slowly with a whisk for two minutes. I guess how I describe the steps I took looks like I did cooking, but actually it was almost finished! Anyway, let's keep following the instruction!

This was how it looked after stirring up for two minutes. At this point, I began to realize that it was too easy to call it "cooking"! Hehehe...






Then, you divide the mixture into 4 glasses. After that, put them in a refrigerator for about an hour or so.






It's finally done!


Alright, that's all for today!
See you soon~. ^^

1 comment:

Nina Liakos said...

This seems just like American pudding mix. It's usually heated to the boiling point while being stirred, and then poured into little bowls and refrigerated until it sets. Sweet and yummy! I used to love chocolate, vanilla, and tapioca puddings made this way. Jell-O makes one kind, and there are generic store brands in lots of big grocery stores. Maybe the "instant" type doesn't have to be cooked, only mixed, like what you did.

Btw the AGU2007 kids are in the air as I write this and should be arriving in Tokyo tomorrow (which is already today for you!). And I am going to bed! I am zonked out after these 2 weeks of nonstop frenetic activity!