VerveEarth


Sunday, August 05, 2007

Visiting Yokohama and "Ratatouille"

Hello, everyone~!

First of all, I enjoyed leaving comments on AGU 2007 participants' blogs! I couldn't help but be grateful for the technology of the Internet that has allowed us to connect with each other. ^^ I hope they will get used to the way they put what they want to say on a blog.

Well, what I'm going to talk about today is hanging out with Yuiko at Yokohama! I haven't seen her for a while because of the exams, so I had a lot of fun meeting her again!!

We met each other at the station, and after that we headed to the theater to get tickets for the movie. It was so hot that all I remembered saying is "atuuuui" (it's so hot!). Hahaha. But we somehow managed to get through the extreme heat, and we decided to eat ice cream after receiving the tickets. We enjoyed eating ice cream so much that we even thought that eating ice cream made us feel like we were in heaven! The picture on the left side was what we enjoyed eating!

Since we had time to go around the area, we walked a little to visit Yokohama Anpanman Children's Museum. Some of you might wonder why we decided to go there because the name of the museum said it was built for children. Contrary to what you think, not only children but also the people whose ages are not children any more can enjoy being there, and I was absolutely one of them. Anpanman hasn't been so famous as Doraemon or Pokemon(especially Pikachu) has, but I've fallen in love with Anpanman since I started watching the TV show at the age of 3 or 4.

Yuiko and I went to the bakery which is located inside the museum. Can you guess why there was a bakery? The answer is Anpanman is a kind of bread. "pan" means "bread" in Japanese, and "man" means the same as English. Then, what about "an"? It's the Japanese ingredient and it would be called bean jam if I try to translate it into English. Now, you understand why the bakery was there, don't you? In the TV show, Anpanman is the main character and he always helps the others by giving his part of the face, which I think can be eaten as a delicious anpan. ^^ The picture on the left side shows you other characters appeared on the show.

After shopping around the museum, we finally headed to the theater to Watch "Ratatouille". Before the movie began, Yuiko bought the giant popcorn and the drink for me! You can see what they looked like by taking a look at the picture on the right side. As you can see, the hat that looked like the one the chef in the movie wore was a free gift. Can you guess what I did after I went home? Yeah, I tried it on!

Don't tell me how silly I am!(because I know it!) Hahaha! Anyway, how do I look? I thought Yuiko definitely expects me to take a picture of myself with the hat, so I just did! I hope you like it. ^^ Lastly, if I can talk about the movie a little bit, I really enjoyed watching it. I've been a fan of the movies made by pixar and I liked how the story of the movie told me that trying to go beyond limitations regardless of where you come from and how you look is really a good thing even though we are likely to think it's impossible to do so. I would like to encourage you to check this out if you have time!

As always, I put the rest of the pictures I took on Bubbleshare! So Enjoy~! ^^

This album is powered by BubbleShare - Add to my blog

Alright, that's all for today!
See you soon~. ^^

4 comments:

Ji Won said...

Sugooooi~
I want some anpan right now (onaka suita...). I just got back from being with the AGU 2007 kids and my body is EXHAUSTEDDDD. Hayaku nenai to...
Yuiko-chan ni mo yoroshiku ne~

yuiko said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
yuiko said...

Waaaaaao♪
You are so cute! It is just size for you!! Last saturday was very nice day because I met you and ate delicious ice cream:) Of cource, "Ratatouille" was so exciting!!
Ji won otukaresama~~!!

Nina Liakos said...

Hi Hiromi! Nice to see your new post. I think "an" must be translated as "bean paste". Is it from red beans? I hope you are enjoying your break!