VerveEarth


Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Pastime for a Day Like Today

Hello, everyone~!

It's 14:50 pm here. My dad and I just came home after finishing the errand which my mom asked him to, and having lunch. Today's lunch was... UDON! Yaaaaay! I've enjoyed eating UDON more than I can count in this summer, but I never get tired of it. ^^ I just love it sooo much.

After enjoying Udon very much, we came home. And now, I've been watching TV just like a couch potato does! Hahaha... But I guess it's one of the best things to do among things like eating ice cream! The thing I've been watching was the baseball game, LA Angels vs NY Yankees. ^^ Watching baseball games like this couldn't be possible before, but now a lot of the Japanese baseball players have gone to the US. So, a lot of the Japanese people watch games on a daily basis. As for me, it's quite fascinating to be able to watch the games by Major League Baseball because how they play baseball is different from what I've seen in the games played in Japan. Also, in my opinion, the way the spectators in the US cheer the teams up differs a lot. We often play horns and sing to the sound of them, but I don't see that in the US. I'm okay with the sound of horns at the Japanese stadiums, but still I like the US style better because it enables me to concentrate on watching games and hearing sounds at the stadiums, especially the sound that can be heard when a ball thrown by a pitcher is held by a catcher's mitt!

The game has just ended, and the result is LA Angels 7, NY Yankees 6. Though one of the Japanese successful major leaguer, Hideki Matsui seemed to try doing his best, Yankees lost... :( But I guess it was an exciting game. ^^

I'm going to keep watching baseball games. But this time, it's a different kind! It's the High School Baseball Tournament at Koshien Stadium!

That's all for today!
See you soon. ^^

1 comment:

Nina Liakos said...

Hi Hiromi,
I've never been much of a baseball fan (I don't understand it), but your post reminded me of when I was in the 6th grade and took a field trip with classmates to Yankee Stadium. (I grew up near New York City.) I remember that Roger Maris played that day. I can't remember who the Yankees played or whether they won or not! It was a LONG time ago.