VerveEarth


Friday, August 03, 2007

Me on the Magazine!

Hello, everyone~!

I just can't believe that August has already begun! It really makes me remember someone's remark I saw on TV "The only thing I'm certain of is now." Moreover, the fact that I'm not 20 years old any more is so unrealistic that I even forgot yesterday was the day I turned 21 years old. The emails that congratulated my birthday helped me realize the fact that I turned 21 years old! Hahaha...! It also should be remembered that it's been a year since I participated AGU 2006. From then on, every time I think of my birthday, the memories that we shared at the time come to my mind!

Well, let me move on now to the topic I'm going to talk about! As you can guess from the title, I appeared in the magazine called "蛍雪時代"(Kei-setsu-ji-dai). It's the magazine that provides the information about how high school students should prepare for entrance exams of universities. When I was at the age of 18(it was time to begin preparing for the entrance exam for the universities I was interested in.), I gathered the information about the universities by logging on to the websites, talking to the people at the cram school, and asking my teacher at my high school questions. So I didn't know much about the magazine, but I enjoyed scanning through the pages after publishing because it's given plenty of information about how you should spend time on studying while you're on vacation, how the students of particular universities enjoy their campus life, and so on.

The article I got involved is about international exchanges. Do you remember that I was a participant of the program whose purpose was to go to the United Nations? That was the topic I talked about on the article. When I was a high school student, I didn't care about what AGU was doing to promote international exchanges very much. However, as I was asked to answer the questions in detail, I came to realize that students today are really considering overseas training programs as one of the important things when they think about where to go. I really hope that my article helps readers know more about the choices which they'll be able to have when they enter AGU, especially the department I belong to!


It actually was the first time for me to be a part of a magazine, so I wondered what I would be asked. The questions I was asked were the reasons why you were interested in participating the program, the things you did while I was in NY, and the things I've learned through the program. Talking about it did bring me back to the moment I set foot at the United Nations! It was a nice opportunity for me to rethink about the program because it made me realize that the experiences I'd had in NY definitely have helped me to be who I am today!

Moreover, what I have to mention about is that the other article is about the program of AGU 2006 by Hiro! I really hope that readers would not be confused by our name. Hahaha...! He also talked about the reasons why he chose to go to AGU, the reasons why he decided to participate the program, and the things he's learned and found through the program. Since we first met in the program, I never had a chance to know the reasons why he participated AGU 2006. So it was interesting for me to read about it. I was grateful for the opportunity I could have and the fact that it led me to meetings with awesome people like him!

Okay... have I gone too far? Hahaha!!

That's all for today!
See you soon~. ^^

2 comments:

Ji Won said...

Hey that's so awesome that both ojichang and obachang came out on the magazine!! I'm most certain that the readers will get a lot of help from learning about your experiences traveling overseas.

By the way, AGU 2007 arrived today! We toured around campus and ate at one of the restaurants on rt.1, just like we did last year! Natsukashii naaaaa~~~~

Nina Liakos said...

Awesome, Hiromi, congratulations!!!