VerveEarth


Thursday, June 19, 2008

"Last Friends" finished finally...!

Hello, everyone~!

My favorite drama in this spring-summer season, "Last Friends", finally finished today. Though an additional episode will be aired next week thanks to the increase of viewers, it now officially finished... I've missed the day I couldn't wait for every Thursday to come since the moment when the very last episode finished.

As much as I'm feeling sad that the drama finished, I was actually happy to see the story move forward. (You know what I mean if you had favorite shows now or before.) If you recorded the last episode and you haven't seen it, please just skip what's written below.

In the last episode, Sousuke, the one who becomes violent when things don't go the way he wants them to, committed suicide because he finally figured out that Michiru (his girlfriend) could never smile if he was with her and realized that she no longer belonged to the place in their heart where Sousuke and Michiru once were together happily.

After Michiru figured out that he committed suicide and found the letter written by Sousuke, she went to where she was born. And she began working at the Japanese style hotel. But suddenly, she felt sick and she happened to know that she was pregnant. Before Sousuke passed away, Michiru was actually sexually abused by him. The fact that she was pregnant literally broke her heart, but she decided to bring up her child by herself even though her mother said that it would be tough.

In the meantime, Ruka and Takeru, who still live in their share house, found out that Sousuke committed suicide when Michiru's mother made a call to know where Michiru would be. They decided to look for Michiru by going to the places where they thought Michiru would be. And they finally could meet Michiru!

Lastly, Michiru, Takeru, and Ruka decided to bring the child together happily.

As the story went on more and more, I just couldn't foresee what would happen. So, I even thought that the ending would be really sad such as someone killed someone. At least, that case didn't happen. But I got confused that Sousuke ended up committing suicide. I can understand he had complicated background and it can't be said that it was all his fault, but violence would never be justified. Right?

So, if I were to watch it whole new episodes, I would want it to change. Because it seems to me that the drama says the problem about Sousuke's violence can't be helped. If there's a solution, Michiru might not have lost him and the consequence would be different. But in the drama, Sousuke just escaped from the reality by killing himself. Maybe, that's how the director of the drama want to provoke our discussions or that's the true perception of domestic violence? I don't know....

But anyway, "Last Friends" is one of the interesting, thought-provoking, and moving dramas I've ever seen. So, if you have a chance to see it, why don't you give it a try?

No comments: