VerveEarth


Sunday, June 15, 2008

Sophia in Japan!

Hello, everyone~!

I just came back home from Shibuya, at about 0:30am. It's already June 16th, but I still feel like it's Sunday! Well, you're now wondering what I did today?

Yes! I finally could meet Sophia and the members of AGU2007 face to face, not virtually, I mean. We hung out in Shibuya for eating dinner together. I was a bit nervous to meet them because I haven't met them before and I wasn't so sure that they've recognized me as a person who left comments on each of their blogs. But the fact that I've known about them somehow from their blogs encouraged me to send an e-mail to Kana(Y), and asked her if it would be okay for the members of AGU2006 to join the AGU2007 reunion with Sophia. And she said okay! Yaaaay!

I went there with Eriko, and I really had a good time eating Asian cuisines. I enjoyed talking to them about the lectures that I once attended in the Fuchinobe campus and how I passed them, which is techniques from seniority students! Hahaha!! But that's definitely something we've had in common, and it made me remember the days I had in Fuchinobe.

After eating dinner, we visited an amusement center to play "purikura". You can make photo stickers by playing it, and you can even write something on photographs and print it out! It's really famous for young girls in Japan, and it seemed that Sophia was interested in it. So, we tried really hard to put all the people in pictures! To take pictures, we had to go into the small room covered with a curtain and get ready for "3,2,1...smile" calls from the machine! Looking at the picture on the left, you'll probably be able to imagine how hard it would be just to make everyone be taken! But at the same time, it was really funny, and I guess we did really great!

In addition to having a lot of fun creating "purikura", we decided to do our favorite thing, Karaoke!! Though I met them for the first time, I was the very first person to sing! I had no idea what to sing, but I chose to sing "Sk8er boi" by Avril Lavigne. I also sang this song when I stayed in Maryland, so it did remind me of the late night karaoke we enjoyed at the time! Hahaha. I also enjoyed singing Utada Hikaru's song ("HEART STATION", you can listen to it from the window below.)



On the way to home, I and Ai got on the same train and I found out that where Ai lives is close! That's why we happened to get on the same train, and I really enjoyed talking to her about the day she had in Maryland last year, and talking about the things like that reminded both of us of a little bit exhausting schedule we had in Maryland, which finally turned out to be awesome!

I literally enjoyed being with them because they welcomed me as if I were a member of AGU2007 as well! I hope I can meet them again face to face, or online! And also, I'm looking forward to seeing other mentors in Japan!

Anyway, I hope Sophia will have a really good time for the rest of her stay!
That's all for today! See you soon!

1 comment:

Nina Liakos said...

Dear Hiromi,
Thanks for your wonderful description of the AGU2006/7 outing! I am not at all surprised that you and Eriko were included and that you got along so well! It's really fun meeting people you already know virtually, don't you think? How I wish I could have been there too (a fly on the wall?). I love the purikura photo you made and will listen to Heart Station after I have some breakfast!
Nina (stuck in beautifully sunny but not too hot Maryland)