VerveEarth


Saturday, June 07, 2008

TAKE ACTION: FOOTBALL MATCH

Hello, everyone~!

Today, I went to Kanagawa prefecture to watch the charity football match hosted by Hidetoshi Nakata. If you're familiar with football, you might have heard about him. As of now, he no longer plays football professionally. After he announced his retirement, he's taken trips to the places he's wanted to visit such as Africa, Asia, and so on to see what's really happening. To his surprise, what he's seen was so different from what he thought previously that he came up with the idea that, by using his popularity and talent, he can invite football players and have some fun! At the same time, everyone who gets involved the match can contribute to the issues around the globe.

He named it "TAKE ACTION!+1." The name stresses the importance of action. Also, in Japan, contributing to others in need has been thought as a difficult task, and that fact has kept many people away from contributing. But as more and more people is getting accesses to the information around the world, many people in Japan, the young in particular, started to realize we can do something. One of fruits developed from these thoughts is today's football match.


The match was taken place at Nissan Stadium. Many people already showed up when I arrived there. One of the things that I was pleased to look at was smiling children were everywhere! At the time I didn't know much about the
situation in Europe, the fact that people are safe when they are watching a game sounds ordinary to me. But as I've heard about how the players who came from other countries and play in Japan felt about the safety at a stadium on magazines, and I saw my favorite player (Kaka, who plays in Italy) mention that he hopes everyone in a studium to be safe and he wants families to come to a game because that's how he started dreaming about being a professional football player, I started to realize how great it has been for us to gather no matter who you are.

After entering the gate, I got a bag. Brouchures were inside. In addition to them, "ACTION SHEET" was there as well.


What you can do by being a part of this match is written on the sheet.

*ACTION 1: First of all, please take a time to read this sheet. It's the very first step for you.
*ACTION 2: Let's hold up this sheet when the players are introduced, and cover the stadium in green.
*ACTION 3: By purchasing the raffle, let's contribute to the people in ruined areas. (Burma and China)
*ACTION 4: Be a sender of the message from Hidetoshi Nakata, and spread through your friends.

Can you see almost everyone holds up the sheets, and spectators' seats becomes green! By looking at my blog reporting how much green the environment of the match was, you might wonder the match itself was exciting. Though it was an exhibition match, it was really exciting! It was Japan Stars vs World Stars, so I could enjoy comparing each of their playing styles. Moreover, I was so glad to be able to see Jose Mourinho, who was the head coach of Chelsea(one of the clubs in the England's Premier League) and now joined the Italian football club, Inter Milan as a head coach. He is one of my favorite head coaches, because he's always confident and literally passionate about the team. Moreover, I really like his attitude toward football.

I guess I definitely have gone too far......!!

Alright, that's all for today! ^^
See you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a wonderful report, thank you. I'm sure you are a very talented person. I personally very much look forward to seeing what you are going to TAKE ACTION!

Nina Liakos said...

Is this soccer or (American) football?